- Link to the original post (DuskAngelReads)
- I am inviting ALL of you to tag your friends!
1. Shrimp in the Barbie: a favourite book with food on the cover
None of the books I have read have food on the cover. If there are any that are favourites of yours, please comment down below and I might give it a shot.
2. G’day Mate: a favourite book by an Aussie Author
Have not read any book by an Aussie author. Or if I did, I do not know whether they are Aussie or not.
3. It’s always hot, everywhere: a hot new release you are anticipating?
I am waiting for The Tyrant’s Tomb by Rick Riordan. I have been reading his books for so long and am not planning to stop.
4. All the wildlife want to kill us: what is your favourite bookish animal?
For some strange reason, kelpies fascinate me and have been one of my favourite mythical animals even though they drown people. Something about it is interesting.
5. Everyone eats vegemite: a food mentioned in a book you would love to try?
Oooh. There are so much. Especially those described in the Harry Potter’s book. I would love to try butterbeer (does it count as a food because it is a drink?)
6. Riding Kangaroos to school? Nah the cool kids ride Emus!: what fictional school would you like to attend?
Is it not obvious? I would LOVE to go to Hogwarts. It will be like a dream come true to be able to perform magic and create potions.
7. Spiders the size of dinner plates: a favourite scary/thriller book?
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, if that is a thriller. I honestly do not know what is considered a thriller. I just read for the sake of reading without a care in the world.
8. We all talk in slang that no one but an Aussie can understand: what translated book is on your TBR that you really want to get to?
At the moment, I do not have any book that is translated that I want to read. If there are any interesting Japanese translated book, please recommend those to me. That also includes manga.
9. Everything that isn’t the coast, is a desert: a very baron read? (dull/boring)
I know this is very old but it would have to be the Twilight series. What made it especially boring was how long the books were and there were four books too. It was just very tedious to read. I had to read it because I bought it and did not know what Overdrive was (or if they even had it at the time).
10. We drink… A lot: what fictional character would you like to sit down and have a drink with?
It would be Hermione Granger because she loves to study and read. That is basically me but less smart and like to play sports.
11. Aussies only have 4 food groups – Steak, meat, pies, Tim Tams & sausages on bread: what are 4 books you think everyone should read?
Any book by Rick Riordan, The Last Dragon Chronicles series by Chris D’Lacey, Confessions by Minato Kanae, Robert Langdon series by Dan Brown. I never realized how many of my favourites at the moment were series.
12. No matter what time of the year an Aussie will always be wearing thongs: what is a book related essential you always use? e.g. pen & ruler for annotating your books
My lovely Kobo. It’s a blessing to have it in my life. It makes everything so much easier and lighter when I want to read on the move.
This was an interesting tag because it made me think more about the authors rather than the book. I never really thought of the background of the authors and it made me realize that it is interesting to read books by authors with different backgrounds. It sometimes gives the story a different perspective and views which I feel like it helps me open my mind more.
I hope for those who have done this tag also find it interesting. Love you guys and thanks for reading. Hope you stay tuned for other posts.