Hi, everyone! Happy New Years!!! (I know I am almost a week late) But I just thought that the Ringing in the New Year Book Tag would be a great tag to start off my year on this blog.
Honestly, I can’t believe it’s already 2018 and then next year, I’ll be applying for post-secondary. But enough about my life, let’s get on with the tag.
- Link to the original post (Bookmark Chronicles )
- Answer the questions below
- Tag 3-5 friends!
1. Best book/series that you’ve read in 2017
These are my favourite books I have read in 2017. If asked every year, Rick Riordan will always be on the list if I have read a book that year. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas is pretty old, but yes, I read it in 2017 for the first time. The ending almost made me cry. Whenever I read or watch movies or shows, I get so emotional it’s funny sometimes.
2. Authors that you’ve recently found and would like to read more of in the new year
⇐ I read Fangirl and Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell and I love her writing style and the story she creates. I tried to read Carry On this year but I never really got into it so I hope to read it in 2018.
Gillian Flynn’s book got me obsessed with mystery and thriller. After reading Gone Girl, I was like, “OMG, I need to read more!” The next book that I want to read is Dark Places. ⇒
3. The most anticipated book turned movie?
I don’t know what to think about Ready Player One because I’ve seen the trailers and the effects were not what I expected. Also, I don’t want the movie to ruin the book so I’ll wait until I see other’s thoughts. Death Cure is a 100% going to watch. I have seen the last two movies and I liked them so I want to finish the series.
4. Name a character that you wouldn’t mind sharing a kiss with at midnight (if there is one)
ღ Eishi Tsukasa ღ from Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma is written by Yūto Tsukuda and illustrated by Shun Saeki. I love him SOOOOO much 😌!
5. What’s on your TBR for 2018? (Top 5 will suffice if its an extremely long list!
6. How many books do you hope to read in 2018?
I hope to read at least 200 books but also 300 books. My ideal goal is 200 though.
7. Will you participate in the Goodreads Reading Challenge (or any others)?
Yep, already participated and pledged to complete 200 books.
8. Any New Year’s Resolutions? (bookish and otherwise)
This is just a few of my resolutions and since this is a bookish post, it’ll mostly or only be about books.
- Hope to be able to post on a semi-regular schedule. Right now I am posting at least once every week or close to but I hope to post every Saturday or Sunday.
- Make more blog friends because at the moment, I have none. I know…it sounds kind of sad but I expected that because I was never good at making friends just because I’m not much of a social person.
- Get at least 40 followers. I don’t want to be disappointed so I will just stick with a low number because knowing me 40 is probably high too.
- Have a better looking blog. I’m an artsy person so designs and looks are VERY important to me. I was hoping for a clean and smooth look, yet a sketchy one too.
- Read more physical books. Ever since I have discovered Overdrive and bought a Kobo, I have been neglecting my books on my bookshelf so I want to finish those.
- Upgrade my WordPress plan. I hope to get a job, not only for this site, but also save up for school. But I want to be able to create a site that looks visually nicer. If you guys want to help you could donate to this site. Love you guys for helping ღ!
It’s the end of the post and a New Year has begun (for six days already)!! I tag anyone that reads this post and wants to do this tag. GO AND ENJOY YOUR NEW YEAR and hope you have a SAFE year!